Kayla Flynn, MHA
Clinical Assistant Professor, Health Services and Information Management
4340H Health Sciences Building
I completed my B.S. in Health Services Management at ECU in 2020. I started my healthcare career at UNC Health Nash as the Education Technical Assistant and moved into the Organizational Learning Specialist position during my time there. During my time at Nash, I started teaching as an adjunct instructor at Martin Community College in their Medical Office Administration program online. I decided education was what I wanted to pursue specifically in Healthcare Administration, so I enrolled into the Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA) program at the University of North Carolina Wilmington. After completion of my MHA, I am back in the same department that made me into the healthcare professional I am today.
- MHA, University of North Carolina, Wilmington, 2023
- BS, Health Services Management, East Carolina University, 2020
- Bachelor of Science in Health Services Management
- Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management
- HSMA 3025 Professional Ethical Codes and Law in Health Care
- HSMA 3030 Written Communication and Documentation in Health Care
I am interested in healthcare law and ethics as well as proper communication and documentation in healthcare. Medical terminology and population health are two other areas I find quite interesting.
Service Activities and Memberships
- American Association of Healthcare Administrative Management
|July 2023-Present||Clinical Assistant Professor, Health Services and Information Management, East Carolina University.|
|January 2021-Present||Adjunct Instructor of Medical Office Administration at Martin Community College.|
|December 2020-July 2023||UNC Health Nash, Organizational Learning Specialist.|